Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scottjl
Frequent Visitor

Gantt Chart 2.2.3 How to wrap task names

How can you wrap the task name or expand the task column so it shows all the data? 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @scottjl ,

Based on your description, seems like the Gantt Chart could not show the whole task name like this:

g1.png

As far as I know, currently Gantt chart 2.2.3 could not support to change the task name length. You can try to use 'Gantt Chart-xViz' which allows to adjust.

g2.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rajeshr142
Regular Visitor

Hi 

Is there any way to word wrap, as my Task names are dynamic and the lengths are quite longer sometimes.

Thanks

Rajesh

scottjl
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I do have another question. How do you export the data to a PDF so it shows all the data instead of just what you see on the screen?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @scottjl ,

To expand task columns in Gantt Chart, you can put a colmn in the 'Parent' field to show it as hierarchical level.

gantt.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. If your task names are 4 or 5 words, they are cut off in the task column and I can't figure out a way to drag the column to the right for example or have the words wrap. 

Hi @scottjl ,

Based on your description, seems like the Gantt Chart could not show the whole task name like this:

g1.png

As far as I know, currently Gantt chart 2.2.3 could not support to change the task name length. You can try to use 'Gantt Chart-xViz' which allows to adjust.

g2.png

Best Regards,

You can change the width of the field under Category Labels, but I don't know if you can wrap the text.

Thanks @LydiaS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.