Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kopek
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gantt Chart 2.2.0 milestones

Hi!

I would like to ask if there is any possibility to have visible on the gantt 2.2.0 chart both tasks and milestones ?

When I add milestones tasks bars disappear...

Do i do something wrongly ?

without milestones added:

gantt.jpg

with milestones:

milestones.jpg

Thanks in a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kopek ,

Based on my test, it will show the milestone first, you may need to create anothe record for the mile stone.

5.PNG6.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
momamir

Hello,

My data set is quite large and dynamic and has multiple milestones-- is there a way to show multiple milestones without duplicating data points?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking at the 21,000 + views this thread is getting there is a lot of us struggling with this and other parts of this visual which is close but not quite right - there is an old request for an additional feature that has been accepted (about two years ago but needs traction - so please lets get voting to push some focus)

Gantt Chart, Collapsed with Milestones - Page 3 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Also to encapsulate the above issue in regards to the milestone line issue I have put in this idea - please vote and share and we can get this and a few other things tweaked!

(2) Microsoft Gannt remove milestone vertical bars and... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks in advance for the votes everyone!!

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kopek ,

Based on my test, it will show the milestone first, you may need to create anothe record for the mile stone.

5.PNG6.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please provide me access to the pbix file? 
I am unable to open it. 

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Do you know how to remove the milestone silver vertical line so only the diamond is displayed on the report?

Cheers

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Tachjian
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I have the same issue, the vertical lines make the visual unreadable. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thanks and regards,

Lukas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a question regarding the chart you are using.

If i Type in "Gantt" in PowerBI Visuals to find your Diagram, I cannot find anything that looks like your Gantt chard.

I need the milestones option aswell. What exacetly do I have to search for in the PowerBI Visuals import section, to find this Gantt 2.2.0 visual?

Thanks and best regards

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

the visual has a new version Gantt  2.2.3, but is basically the same as 2.2.0. 

When looking for it, its name in the Power BI Visuals is simply "Gantt".

lj140b_0-1604478959191.png

Rgrds,

Lukas

Hi,

Unfortunately I think that visualization was removed. I canot find it either anymore.

Best Regards
Paola

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to put the milestone (blue diamond) directly into the task bar (in rose) ? Thanks.

Regards,

Marty Mayne

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with what has been written, but it's not working ... nor with the " group task on"

We need more information about your data set to help you with the problem.

Btw. When you have slicers on the same page as the Gantt, the colors of the milestones has to be set again and again for each and every possible slicer combination.

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

IDTaskTask TypeResourcesDurationstart dateend dateMilestonesstakeholders% completionComments
1MilestonePlanning    19-02-20   
1Self-service DQ Dashboard planning PlanningPower Bi pro - Excel1511-02-2025-02-20 Data Viz Chapter60%WBS needed

Thanks for the reply. Here is an example. I create another row "Milestone" in order to put it into the task bar of my first task but it does not show anything.

Annotation 2020-02-28 164505.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Try this:
On the column task: Self-service DQ Dashboard planning
On the column start and end date: 19-02-20 (same date on both columns)
On the column Milestone: the name of the milestone, for example Milestone 1

Hope it works!
/Paola

Hi @v-lid-msft 

That helps, my data source was wrongly set-up.

Unfortunately today i noticed another issue.

Yesterday i was able to change colors for each entry in my legend and I was able to format milestones - change their colors and shapes. Today that options are not availale.

Could you please let me, how i can make them active ?

26-09-2019 14-45-09.jpg

I haven't changed anything in my data since yesterday, I have just opened the report and that ption is no longer active..

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Kopek

I have the issue, that a milestone is shown in his own task lane but i want the visualation like you (task and mile stone line in one lane). How you realize it? 

Best regards

Activity NameMilestoneStart DateEnd Date
Activity 1 01/01/201931/12/2019
Activity 1Milestone103/03/2019

03/03/2019

Activity 1Milestone206/10/2019

06/10/2019

Hi @Anonymous ,

This solution that Kopek gave also works for me.  Just add the kolumnt that is called Milestone in the field "Milestones" of the visualization.  As you see the Milestones has the same date in start and end but the activity itself has different to be shown in a bar.

Hope this helps,
best regards
Paola

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @pacharry15 I tried your mock-up example but the milestones still won't overlap the bar.  I'm using Gantt v2.2.3.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

gantt_issue_pic.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous

Did you activate the Option "Group Tasks" in the format register "General" of your visual? 

Gantt.PNG

Best regards! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow- I totally missed that option 🙂

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.