Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AU555
Frequent Visitor

Gantt 2.2.3 legend problem

Hi all, 

I have a small problem with the Gantt chart 2.2.3.

I am using the Gantt chart 2.2.3 and I need the legend to distiguish between two types of schedule we use for our projects (BL and Actual)

The legend works fine (ish) until the start dates for the two categories in legend are the same. Here is what I mean: 

screenshot 1.png

in the 1. case it works just fine and showing the BL schedule (yellow) and Actual Schedule (blue) correctly - in this case both, the start and the finish date for the BL and Actual Schedule are different.

3. case is a bit problematic, but does not display faulty view at least: in this case start and finish dates for Actual and Baseline Schedule are the same. (this becomes a bit of a problem when a project does not have Baseline Schedule assigned, then it displays them the same - seeming that also the project without BL schedule has BL schedule and the dates are the same as in actual schedule...) However this is not the biggest problem, but  would be nice if it could show the line under "shadow" showing that the BL and Actual dates are the same.

THE PROBLEM COMES IN EXAMPLE 2:

here the start of BL and actual schedule is the same, BUT the finish is different, but the legend is not showing that! This is a very big problem as it shows faulty data. 

screenshot 2.png

(just an example dates)

I have build this view with another gantt chart - Gantt Chart byt MAQ Software and is shows the data correctly and also many testing has been done and there is no mistake in the data. 

Anybody has experienced similar problem? Do you think there is a way to work around this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Gantt 2.2.3 legend problem

Hi @AU555 

As tested, this problem exsits on my side too.

Here is a similar issue and It is said the team are working on the next version of Gantt.

You can contact with the creator of the custom visual below:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?tab=Overview

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Gantt 2.2.3 legend problem

Hi @AU555 

As tested, this problem exsits on my side too.

Here is a similar issue and It is said the team are working on the next version of Gantt.

You can contact with the creator of the custom visual below:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?tab=Overview

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors