Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OskariNi
Helper I
Helper I

Gantt 2.2.3 - Overlapping events

Hello!

I have been struggling to find a way to visualize overlapping events on separate timelines in the Gantt chart. In my case I have 5 categories and one category can have multiple simultaneous events. I would think I need somekind of a dynamic subcategory that gets values depending on how many simultanoues events occur. 

Do you have any suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Regards, Oskari

3 REPLIES 3
FinBrit
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I think I'm trying to achieve a similar thing to @OskariNi but the link above kindly provided by @V-lianl-msft does not do the trick.

As per the mock-up below, if tasks overlap within the same "Dev" group I want to show them on separate lines as in "Dev 1". However if a later task does not overlap with an earlier task then it should display on the highest available row e.g. task 3 shows on row 1 because it does not overlap with task 1.

There will be other cases where this is no overlap as per Dev 2 and there is potential for 3/4/5+ tasks to overlap and should all be shown on separate lines.

FinBrit_0-1689274926658.png

Was this question ever answered?

OskariNi
Helper I
Helper I

Here as sample of the data. Eg. Task 10 and 11 are overlapping. In this case I would need for example subcategories 1 and 2 for these tasks respectively.  

OskariNi_0-1616415436196.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.