Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nsingh07
Helper I
Helper I

Gantt 2.2.3 - Facing a weird issue using the Milestone / legend functionality

Hello Community members,

I have been using the Gantt 2.2.3 to plot the milestone/lifecycle phase in product development by region. As can be seen below have plotted all the milestones (included color coding and symbols) in a single row for each product using the group option.

Full viewFull viewData fields_1Data fields_1Data fields_2Data fields_2

However after plotting the graph, I'm facing the below issues:

1. Not able to populate the legends
  2. For the milestones plotted, I have added the slicer for convenience purpose. However observing a wierd thing. The color coding / symbol is reset to defaults based on my slicer selection. The experience is different under different filter selection. The snapshot below only shows for Regions (EU/US) where under EU selection, there is no change in the color coding done to the view, however once I select US, the color coding and symbol type is lost for the selection and once the slicer is reset, the color coding and symbol type is back. The situation / result is similar across all the slicer in this particular view. Functionality of the slicer works perfectly in the other created views

Filter selection - EUFilter selection - EUFilter Selection - USFilter Selection - US

I need help on urgent basis to understand the reason behind this.Is it something that I work done wrong or is there an alternate view available in Power BI that can be used to plot the data.

Thanks,

NJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nsingh07 ,

This seems to be an issue with this custom visualization, and I have seen similar issues in other posts.

As a workaround,  You need to manually modify options in Milestones under each slicer value. This seems a little troublesome, but it is currently the only way, because this visualization has not been updated in a long time.

I also suggest you create a reviews in :https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?tab=Reviews

Please refer to the similar thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-2-2-3-milestone-colors/td-p/927040

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nsingh07
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak  Had gone through these articles. Not helpful though.

I was able to resolve the legend issue, however the milestone still persists. Another thing that I observed while trying to address the issue, whenever I update the base data (excel) for a specific milestone and refresh the data in Power BI, ideally power BI needs to update the charts without disturbing the formatting. In my case if I update say milestone A, all the formatting for milestone A in the view will be reset to defaults

Hi @nsingh07 ,

This seems to be an issue with this custom visualization, and I have seen similar issues in other posts.

As a workaround,  You need to manually modify options in Milestones under each slicer value. This seems a little troublesome, but it is currently the only way, because this visualization has not been updated in a long time.

I also suggest you create a reviews in :https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380765?tab=Reviews

Please refer to the similar thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-2-2-3-milestone-colors/td-p/927040

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft  Infact I'm currently doing that, but its a time taking activity considering the number of slicers I have in the view and hence was hoping to find a fix for this.

Meanwhile is this the same reason why the milestone color/shape resets to default when there is a change in the milestone information?

For eg: If I have set a date say 01/01/2021 for Milestone "A" and have created the view. Now I update the date for Milestone "A" to 02/01/2021 and refresh the data. The color coding/symbol for that particular milestone in the view is lost and resets to default.

Hi @nsingh07 ,

Yes, you are right. You should manually modify options when you change the value of slicer.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.