Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NSluka

Game axis and map

Hello everyone

I'm trying to make a presentation report that shows the movement of my team's location in the past.

I'm using a map and a custom visual that I derailed the market called Play Axis. The data for this looks something like this:

NumberPlace
1Germany

France

Spain

and so on...

I set up an animation to switch to the next number every 10 seconds. The problem is that every first time I click play for 10 seconds nothing is selected and each country is displayed instead of going directly to number 1.

I checked online and no one seemed to have this problem. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Best regards

Luke

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NSluka 

I think Play Axis is designed to be like this. The start point is set as all numbers without any filter by default before the loop. There's no such option in Animation Settings,  you can only make the animation automatically start, continue looping and change the speed at which the animation occurs. For further information, I would also suggest you to contact with author to achieve more help and improvement. 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @NSluka ,

What is the column you are using has you field in the play axis?

I have made the same table as you used the number column on the play axys, took the auto zoom from the map and as you can see when I press play it goes from Germany to France and then Spain. Also added a card that you can see changes the name with the axis.

PLAY_AXIS.gif

Check PBIX file attached.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix 

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using the number column as my field in my play axis. I have opened your pbix file and changed the time in animation settings to 5.000ms. When you do that you can see my issue more clearly. Like this. The first 5 seconds after hitting play nothing is selected, you can also see this in the card.

I am also open to suggestions to any other option for dynamic slicer like this.

BR,

L

Hi @NSluka ,

Believe that the way the visualization works, first step is to show all the values and then wait the amount of time you have on your time settings and go to the first one, and so on.

Not really sure if I got what is the error you are getting or the expected behaviour. Maybe you can get in contact with the developer:

https://github.com/mprozil/PlayAxis/blob/master/support.md

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.