Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trebor84
Helper II
Helper II

GMT time issue in Power BI service

Hi,

I have a dataset from a sql server where the times are showing correct in Power query editor and my pbix file. 

The date and time field is already converted to GMT using sql and power query changes the column to type date/time/timezone.  I then convert this to date only and in data model I use this field in my date table relationship. I also have a custom column using Time.Hour to get the hour element from the date/time/timezone field and convert this to text.

If I publish to the service the times remain ok but as soon as I refresh directly in the service I loose the 23:00 time element from my table and all time fields shift by 1 hour.

For example 07:00 data becomes 08:00 data etc.

Capture.JPG

Becomes:

Capture2.JPG

Any idea how I can overcome this?

2 REPLIES 2
Trebor84
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, after spending the last month on this I am still no further to finding a solution having tried various time zone conversions in both Power Query and dax.

pic1.png

If you look at my example above it is fine till 00:59 on 27/03.  In power query this is absoluttley correct as there are no times between 01:00-02:00 as this is the hour we lose for British Summer Time.  In my pbix file this is also correct but the issue occurs when I publish to the service where everying after 00:59 is 1 hour out.  

I think what I need to do if possible is to create another date column and increment the instances where the timezone is already +01:00:00 (British Summer Time) which will be one hour out in my pbix but then correct in the service?

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Trebor84 

Check this link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Incorrect-Time-Zone-setting-at-Power-BI-Service/m-p/2345344

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Appreciate your Kudos!!
LinkedIn: 
www.linkedin.com/in/vahid-dm/

FIFA Word Cup Medal Records Dashboard:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Charticulator-Design-Challenge/FIFA-World-Cup-Medal-Records/cns-p/2...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.