Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

GL Entry - Totaling GL Accounts

Hi all,

I have an issue when trying to calculate a total between a range of accounts (Total sales, Sum accounts between 1001-1900 etc).

I have created below measure:

GL amount = SUMX(Kontoplan;
IF( NOT ISBLANK(Kontoplan[Totaling.2]);
CALCULATE ( SUM(Finansposter[Realized, Amount]);
FILTER(ALL(Kontoplan); Kontoplan[No_] > EARLIER(Kontoplan[Totaling.1]) && Kontoplan[No_] < EARLIER(Kontoplan[Totaling.2])) );
CALCULATE ( SUM(Finansposter[Realized, Amount]) ))
)

The amounts are korrect for each individual account, but it is not correct on the Total accounts, which is a Sum between the range in Totaling 1 and Totaling 2. I guess it also calculates the Sub Total accounts, when calculating the Total.

Can anyone assist here?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tested the data you post in the problem and I could get the correct sum like the picture below. I could not find the sub total data you mentioned in your problem, could you please offer more information about the structure of your data or could you share pbix file if possible? If the report does contain sensitive data, please upload your report to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message.

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Appreciate your time and respond, I will make a demo file tonight/tomorrow and send it to you - thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.