Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christianfcbmx
Post Patron
Post Patron

GET RID OFF DAYS AND MONTH WITH NO DATA IN THE CHART

Who can help me out with the following challange:

Im trying to build a chart where I need to see the real quantity and quantity budget. It is importasnt to show "0" if there are not quantities sold but still show the quantity budget (Day 9, 21, and 22 in the picture)  my data start at 28 of september to 22 october and the problem is that it shows the months and days where I have no data at all.

This picture have this formula: 

Visitas Sellers Full RE CHART = VAR VisitaSeller=CALCULATE(COUNT(Base[IDPROSPECTO]);'Grupo R'[RECURSO (groups)]="RE")
Return IF(ISBLANK(VisitaSeller);"0";VisitaSeller

)

Captura5.PNG555

My second try cleaned days and month without data but I lose the day 9, 21 and 22 which I need to show the budget.

The formula for that is: (almost the same...I replace 0 by BLANK()): 

Visitas Sellers Full RE = VAR VisitaSeller=CALCULATE(COUNT(Base[IDPROSPECTO]);'Grupo R'[RECURSO (groups)]="RE")
Return IF(ISBLANK(VisitaSeller);BLANK();VisitaSeller)

Iget the following:

Captura6.PNG

Any DAX advice would be so much appreciate in order to solve this issue!!! ThANks in advance!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Easiest way would be to just use a Visual Filter and filter for the dates for which you have data. Do you need this to be dynamic? Can you share more information like sample/example data? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg!!! nice to have a PRO helping me out and thanks in advance. The easy way do not achieve what we are looking for.  It is needed to be dynamic. Ill send a pbix to you (private) and if you find a way to fix it Ill share the process for others to get the solutions.

🙂

Ah, go with the original formula where you return 0 if blank and add this visual level filter of BUDIA "is not blank" perhaps?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Tried that and it doesnt work 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.