Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarcUrdang
Post Patron
Post Patron

GEO Maps

Good day

I am sure that this is simpler than I am finding but I am having troupble even starting how to build a GEO map. I have attached my example pbix.

I have also brought in to the pbix an excel file with longs and lats etc. However after joining that table to my CONSOL INBOUND table I just don't seem to get anything to work. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B2fJlLUbRSNLZJbnbC72gNpT2Gt2unz3

The fields in the Consol Inbound table I would be using are the:

1. First Leg Load Country

2. First Leg Load Port

I have really tried everything over many hours .. so please could you assist by showing me the basic steps to build?

thanks so much,

regards,
Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is in fact same data between iso5 and First leg Load .. both show 5 alpha characters so surely the link is valid?

thanks
Marc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @MarcUrdang,

you need to categorize your longitude and latitude columns correctly.

After that you should remove the columns from your visual and put them in again.

Also I think that your slicer settings where "to restrictive". I don't know your data but please check them to 🙂

314.png

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it a 'thumbs up'? This will also help others

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

Good morning

Thanks but I just neglected to keep settings .. I had already tried that. All the data is within the parameters of the filters. Any othe ideas?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TgXH4q2UA4fET6TSsmw5GAm2JMDg6Qso

thanks Marc

Hi @MarcUrdang,

In your model, the relationship is established based on Consol INBOUND[First Leg Load] and Sheet1[iso 5], However, there is no same value between them. So you can get nothing in your visual.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

There is in fact same data between iso5 and First leg Load .. both show 5 alpha characters so surely the link is valid?

thanks
Marc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.