Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mikekennedy
Advocate I
Advocate I

GANTT chart 2.2.2 broke my visual. getting black for currently defined colors and can not reset.

gantt 2.2.2.png

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to all the bugs, the GANTT chart does not correctly render in the web view (app.powerbi.com).

The Task Name does not truncate at the category width and even over writes the task bars.Gantt.png

Now i am inundated with complaints from all organizational users who view the reports in the browser!!

Is there an ETA you can provide for the solution? or atleast revert this visual to last working version!!

An acknowledgment of the issue from your end and an Plan of action would help.

Radio silence dosent paint a good picture of the PBI team!!!

@v-lili6-msft  still broke.. any ETA on the rollback? 

@Anonymous @Jase71ds 

Disappointed.  I expected better from Microsoft. The completion line does not work!

Elizabeth Tachjian
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created another thread with related problem

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-2-2-2-Task-Completion-no-longer-getting-display...

Today i noticed that the Task Completion bar fills all wrong... 3% completed tasks are almost filled completely.

Jase71ds
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yep. Once again, the Gantt visual is broken. My bars all show 100% complete (they are not).

For my organization, the Gantt is the single most important visual. This is the second time in just a few months that it has broken 😞

@v-lili6-msft  still broken... but something changed.. now everything is yellow... what is going on?

I want to reitorate that this component represents the first impression that my entire company sees of our dashboard.
to expand on that here is what my larger dash looks like and how important it is:

PLEASE! Decease and desist this embarrassing release practice immediately!

Do you have any IDEA the time it takes and how hard it is to explain when the dashboard is failing? I feel my company should start billing you soon for the troubleshooting time it takes to deal with this junior ran service.  

DAY 2 and counting!

screens.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing exactly the same issue. Is there a way to downgrade to previous version of GANTT chart visual?

mikekennedy
Advocate I
Advocate I

there is a problem with the PARENT property.  when i remove that it works fine.. when i apply that in any way it fails... please look into this.. I am not sure when GANTT 2.2.2 was released but it must have to do with that because we do not make changes to this dash ever... where I wish all these projects were green, it is not the case 🙂  once i remove parent colors are correct.. please fixparent.JPG

once the parent is removed it all clears up.. I have used text and integer fields as parents and they both have the same problem.  I have been using a text field as a parent for the last several months with no issues..  

Capture2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mikekennedy ,

How did you manage to color code the tasks? Are you doing it manually or is there a setting/parameter which controls the task colors (Green, Orange and Red)?

Thanks in advance.

Mohit

hi @Anonymous the setting is set through the legend manualy and (maybe important to note) the legend is turned OFF for realestate managment however it has always been like that (and it did not matter if it was on or off) .  

screen.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @mikekennedy for the pointer. I will give it a try for sure, but after this 2.2.2 version fiasco is fixed...

hi, @mikekennedy

I have test on my side, It works well.

and here is my sample pbix file, please try it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So the "the example works on my box" is not an acceptable solution here..  as it worked as expected on my box, and my server, and for for my company since the GANTT 2.0.0 released. And you know why I remember that?  Because GANTT 2.0.0 it was ALSO released without my knowledge or any chance to test it, and it was TOTALLY BROKEN TOO.  (turned things black as i remember) This is an embarrassment.  How can this be an acceptable software release process? 

• No component should be pushed into a production report without the ability to verify (i.e. I should be required to publish)
  • This is a reoccurring issue and the Microsoft PowerBI release process for releasing visuals needs to be fixed.
  • Our company is having the largest gathering of the year this week in Vegas and go figure this happens…

So, sorry if I could care less that it “works on your box” in some simplistic scenario. 

I want GANTT 2.2.2 reverted and I want the cowboy release methodology to be stopped immediately. I need to know changes are coming and have the opportunity to test with the poor quality that has been coming from the GANTT releases. 

In this example.. the parent displays GREEN and when expanded it shows YELLOW... never did that before.. so just fix it:

screen.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.