Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

GA: calculating count of events related to search term.

I am making report using google analytics. I want to pull information related to 'search keyword' from google analytics. I want to show Search keyword, what are the count of sessions, the count of events, and the total number of users searching a particular keyword. I picked the "search term" dimension from the "Internal Search" category. I picked up 'Session' metric from 'Session Category' to calculate count of sessions. To calculate count of events, I selected 'Total Event' metric from 'Event Tracking' category. However, it displayed 0 value for all search term values (which cant' be possible). I was wondering whether I am caculating count of event in right way or not. I found that all metrics under 'Event Tracking' Category gives 0 against Search term dimension.

Could anyone guide me on this?

2 REPLIES 2
OlegS
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Dunner2020

I think that search keywords are not provided by GA for several years now for security reasons because they allow to pinpoint the user sometimes. Can you see the search keywords in a Google Analytics Account?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dunner2020 , is the source data have some number? or count is giving 0. Usually count can not be 0 unless all the values in the column are blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.