Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

POWER_MI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Géneral Question Power BI Service and Prenium

Hi all, 

I have question about Power BI tools, 

If we have for example Free version on desktop what is option to publish on Power BI service Link application ?

how is it possible to developpe dashBoard and share it with other memeber on team without Licence for other member of Team ? 

they will connect on Power service ? is it possible ? what s limits

Can you send link of Power BI service ?

Also if we Have  Power BI pro Version is it possible to publish on Power BI service ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @POWER_MI 

If you do not have a pro license and you are not in Premium capacity, you can only create reports and dashboards in My workspace, and there’s no way to share your dashboard with other free users. However, there are two ways to share reports with other free users without a pro license:

1. Publish to web
  2. Downlaod as pbix file

If you upgrade to a pro license, you can share your dashboards and reports with other pro users in various ways

Ways of sharing content with others in Power BI

Share dashborad in Power BI service

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @POWER_MI 

If you do not have a pro license and you are not in Premium capacity, you can only create reports and dashboards in My workspace, and there’s no way to share your dashboard with other free users. However, there are two ways to share reports with other free users without a pro license:

1. Publish to web
  2. Downlaod as pbix file

If you upgrade to a pro license, you can share your dashboards and reports with other pro users in various ways

Ways of sharing content with others in Power BI

Share dashborad in Power BI service

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@POWER_MI , 

You need Pro license to embed the application on web page. FI your organisation has Premium capacity you can give permission to the user as viewer without having Pro license for the user. 

Regards, 

Manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

POWER_MI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi all thanks 

so you need to say that to share with other user 

you will be have Pro Version and also the user will have Pro version to consult ?

Can you send Link of Power BI service ? to consult dash board on web page

thanks

sreenub
Resolver II
Resolver II

PowerBI Pro licence capabilities are  Publish content to other workspaces, share dashboards, subscribe to dashboards and reports, share with users who have a Pro license.

Please go trough the following link for more details 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-licensing-organization#license-types

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.