Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

Funnel chart

HI, 

I am trying to create a funnel chart of following items.  I managed to do it in couple of ways I am still unable to filter other visuals with my funnel chart. 

So what would be the best way to make funnel chart out of this? Am I on the right track if I unpivot the values in query editor and use that new column created for making the funne graphl? Didn't want to go further with this before someone tells me it is the reasonable way to go?

Capture.PNG

Jenny

4 REPLIES 4
srasch10
Regular Visitor

Hey Jenny, not sure if you ever got an answer to this!

I had a similar issue and ended up unvpivoting the values and using the attributes as my group. Based on my research, this is the best way to build a funnel chart with overlapping groups. 

Hi srasch10, 

Can you explain how were you able to use the attributes as the group, have unpivoted the data but finding it difficult to use this information to build the funnel.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dhannaa,

What visual do you want to filter by using this funnel chart? Could you share more details about your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi, 

I would like to filter other visuals in the report by clicking the areas in this funnel cart (just the basic filtering in the reports).

At first I made the funnel with measures that I put to the values -section. That didn't filter the other graphs at all. After some more experiments, I made the funnel chart by unpivoting the fields mentioned in my earlier message. That worked and funnel filters the other visuals as wanted. 

Now I am facing some extra problems with that though, so I wanted to ask if there is some better way to create funnel in this situation - when  the goups are overlapping/values belong to more than one section in the funnel.

Hard to explain, don't hesitate to ask for more explanations!

Jenny

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.