Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KamphuisB
Frequent Visitor

Funnel Form step analysis Calculated Metric DAX

Hi all,

Currently i am working on a dashboard and i want to make a dynamic table in which i can show a form funnel(based on choice in slicer and how it performs. I can't figure out how to do the two red calculated metrics below.

Slicer Dynamic Table   
Form A StepsCountstep / previous stepstep / step 1
Form B A70100%100%
Form C B4869%69%
  C4696%66%
  D3474%49%
  E2676%37%

- Step / Previous step

I thougt something like DIVIDE(  SUM(Table[Count]) , CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table),Table[Steps] = MAX(Table[Steps])-1)) ) was working for this calculation but to bad... It didn't work this time.

- Step / Step 1

Here i thought this would work: DIVIDE(  SUM(Table[Count]) , CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Count]), Table[Steps] = "A") ) but that wasn't working either...

I'm out of options that i know, so i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this. I have also checked https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DAX-Calculation-Percent-of-First-or-Max-Value/td-p/242535 but couldn't get the answers from there working..

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks,

Bas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@KamphuisB,

Add an index column in your table in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop.
1.JPG

Then create the following columns in  your table.

Step/step1 = DIVIDE(Table[Count], CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Count]),FILTER(Table,Table[Steps]="A")))
Step/previous step = 
var previous= CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Count],Table[Count]),FILTER(Table,Table[Index]=EARLIER(Table[Index])-1) )
return
IF(ISBLANK(previous),1, divide(Table[Count],previous))

2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@KamphuisB,

Add an index column in your table in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop.
1.JPG

Then create the following columns in  your table.

Step/step1 = DIVIDE(Table[Count], CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Count]),FILTER(Table,Table[Steps]="A")))
Step/previous step = 
var previous= CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Count],Table[Count]),FILTER(Table,Table[Index]=EARLIER(Table[Index])-1) )
return

2.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

H Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thank you for your response! Step/Step1 didn't work right away, but i was able to fix it by adding ALLSELECTED(). 

Step/Pstep does not work, because my dataset looks a bit different and i forgot to mention that. Sorry about that.

My data set is like this: (... are other columns or rows)

DatePageOrder (conditional column)Count
 01/01/2016
 01/01/2016page100005678
 01/01/2016step11070
 01/01/2016step22048
 01/01/2016page100004321
 01/01/2016page100001234
 01/01/2016step33046
 01/01/2016page100009887
 01/01/2016step44034
 01/01/2016page10000347834
 01/01/2016step55026
 01/01/2016page100006493
 02/01/2016

As followed for the example in my first post:

Like i told at the start of this post: Step/step1 is working:

Step/Step1 = DIVIDE(SUM(Table[Count], CALCULATE([SUM(Table[Count],FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table),Table[Steps] = "A)))

The formula Step / Previous Step is not working for the visualisation in the first post and the above dataset. First i think there is an typo in your calculation, correct? Cause this was not possible.

I have changed it to

Step/pStep = 
var previous = 
CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table[Count],Table[Count),FILTER(Table,Table[Index]=EARLIER(Table[Index)-1))
return
IF(ISBLANK(previous),DIVIDE(SUM(Table[Count]),previous))

But then i get a error that EARLIER is not possible because it refers to an earlier row context which doesn't exist. I have changed EARLIER() to MAX() but that didn't work as well.

Appreciate your help!

Kind regards,

Bas Kamphuis

@KamphuisB,

Please firstly add an index column in your table. Then right click your table and select "New Column" to apply the DAX formula.

Regards,
Lydia

Sorry but step/pstep did not work as a calculated column in my case.. Last weeks i was on holiday so i couldn't answer on this ticket. I will look again into this matter and try it somehow with a calculated metric.

kind regards,

Bas Kamphuis

@KamphuisB,

I have sent your modified PBIX file via Private Message.

Regards,

Lydia

It's ok, that you sent private message,

but what is the solution?

Hi @analyticsmsk ,

Indeed I should have placed the final answer here. It has been a while but I recreated the scenario for you.

In my previous reply you can see that the dataset contains pages in between so you are not able to do a EARLIER or MIN(INDEX) - 1 because it could also be index - 3 etc. 

There was only 1 solution for me in which I needed to add a conditional order column based on the steps(pages) that I have in my dataset. So I did stepA = 10, stepB = 20, etc

So based on the example the dataset looks like this:

dataset_example.PNG

With that placed I created the following calculated metric:

Step/pStep_adjusted = 
var previous = 
CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Count];'Table'[Count]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table');'Table'[Order (conditional column)]=MIN('Table'[Order (conditional column)])-10))
return
IF(DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Count]);previous)=BLANK();1;DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Count]);previous))

In order to have the data that I needed:
final_data.PNG

Kind regards,

Bas Kamphuis

@KamphuisB,

Please share your PBIX file via Private Message if the DAX still don't work.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.