Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fibaek
Helper I
Helper I

Funnel Chart Can't Display Percent When There is a Calculation Group in the Data Set

Hi All,

I have a report with a funnel chart visual, but when I create a caculation group in the data set the funnel cannot display values as percent. 

The data is structured in a table with three different measures that will be displayed in a standard funnel chart. Each values is a calculated decimal values representing a percentage.

Apples

Pears

Oranges

The funnel looks something like this:

fibaek_0-1619590452292.png

This works perfectly fine as long as there are no calculation groups in the data set – the values are displayed properly as a percentage value. Even with Discourage Implicit Measures enabled. However when I add a calculation group into the mix, the values are displayed as regular decimal values. The calculated values are formatted as percentage.

fibaek_0-1619590573645.png

I can create a calculation group to achieve this, but creating a separate group (and thus a table) for each funnel visual isn’t really an option.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? It looks like a bug, but I'm hoping there is some kind of work around for it.

Examples:

Sample dataset without a calculation group 

Sample data with a caculation group 

Cross post to the issues channel as it seems like a bug in the visual: Cross post to issues 

Kind regards,

/Sune

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fibaek ,

It's amazing,how to get the table"Fruit salad"?

I create this table in  Sample dataset without a calculation group ,Just enter data

v-luwang-msft_0-1619765597060.png

Then I get the below:

v-luwang-msft_1-1619765613413.png

And base on Sample data with a caculation group  , I create a new table:

Measure = IF(MAX('type'[type])="Apple",SUM(Sales[Apple]),IF(MAX('type'[type])="Pear",SUM(Sales[Pear]),SUM(Sales[Orange])))

v-luwang-msft_2-1619765658238.png

Final get:

v-luwang-msft_3-1619765702883.png

You could download pbix if you need.Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Hello @v-luwang-msft 

The 'fruit salad' table is the calculation group in the data set.

If I understand your example correctly you create a new table for the funnel visual. Consequently I would have to make five individually maintained tables in the data set if I need five funnelcharts in my report. 

I don't understand how adding a cacluation group to the data set - even one that is not related to the data in question - can break the formatting of another visual. The visual works fine, except for the format.

/Sune 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.