Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frequency Table.

Hello!

I am working with data like this where I have a user and they are "rating" 5 items:before power bi.png

I would like to find the frequency of how many times each rating comes up under each item. Something that looks like this, where the blank cells would the the count or frequency how many times that rating comes up in the entire table:

after power bi.png

Thanks so much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Firstly, we need to unpovit this table like below:

hS6dVI5PLI.gif

Then we can create a table like below, this table is used for displaying the column name, then we need to create relationship between the column 2 and Value of above unpovited table.

PBIDesktop_o3Rnu71DGQ.png

After that, we can drag the Column 1 as column name, Attribute as the row name and value as the value, we need to set the value as count:

PBIDesktop_ET14Z9pqBd.png

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Firstly, we need to unpovit this table like below:

hS6dVI5PLI.gif

Then we can create a table like below, this table is used for displaying the column name, then we need to create relationship between the column 2 and Value of above unpovited table.

PBIDesktop_o3Rnu71DGQ.png

After that, we can drag the Column 1 as column name, Attribute as the row name and value as the value, we need to set the value as count:

PBIDesktop_ET14Z9pqBd.png

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeigeGao THANK YOU SO MUCH. Your reply was so well thought out and informative. I tried it and it worked!

Thanks again. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.