Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SuperRookie

Freeze rows based on created date excel source file

Screenshot_20210421_215238.jpg

Hi all,

Need some help with setting up a database with refreshing based upon timestamps.
I have a folder with several excel sheets generated hourly and need to combine all of these into one master sheet.
This data consist of timestamps, appointments made and also needs to automatically refresh.
The challenge is that these appointments need to be freezed for refreshing 24 hours before appointment made. So as example Bill has an appointment at 22-04 at 22h00, this would mean that file generated at 21-04 22h00 needs to stop refreshing the rows of Bill. I have really no idea how I can generate this kind of master sheet as limited knowledge of power query or power BI. I need to set up a kind of IF function and a column showing the created date of the source excel file (how?)
Created date of the source 21-04 22h00, that's the file that will automatically save in a folder (hourly datasets) this timestamp needs to be + 1 day and use the IF function to lock or freeze the cell of Bill so this row doesn't get refreshed when new files get uploaded in the directory. Also it would be nice if the cell next will show 'locked' to show that row of Bill is freezed for refreshing. Any help please?

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SuperRookie ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SuperRookie ,

I believe you can get more hints about data refresh from official documents:

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Incremental refresh for datasets in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.