cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Freeze X-Axis Start to Beginning of Year and End to Selected Slicer Date for YTD Line Chart

I have a line chart that shows year-to-date values as follows (disregard Actual YTD2 in the legend):

All Quarters.PNG

When all quarters are in the chart, everything works. However, when a date is selected from the Quarter Ending slicer, I lose all dates from the beginning of the year in the chart as follows:

Only one quarter selected.PNG

How can I freeze the x-axis so that it starts at the beginning of the year and ends on the date selected in the slicer? 

1 REPLY 1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CS,

To achieve your requirement, you need to put the slicer value in your measure expressions. Something like: Table[Date] <= SELECTEDVALUE(Quarter Ending).

Since we can't see your actual situation. So if you can share us your pbix file with One Drive or Google Drieve. It'll help us a lot to provide more accurate solutions.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power BI Women

Join our monthly meetings and learning sessions.

secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors