Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Free intermediate tutorials?

I have PBI Free desktop on Windows 10.

I have done about 5 tutorials from the Microsoft site but they seem very basic, especially when it comes to calculating columns. I seem to be doing more intermediate stuff now but I have not found any tutorials that covers intermediate stuff. For example, my last question was answered with using the DIVIDE function. I should have found a tutorial that covered that but I have not.

Is there a Youtube channel or another site with more intermediate tutorials that are free? These are my only resources I can use to learn PBI. Your answers have been every valuable to helping me learn and I have been taking lots of notes from your answers.

Thank you!

EDIT: Some of the things I'm doing is I have a matrix. I have 2 columns which sum numbers by department and cost center. There is more than one cost center per department. I have to subtract these 2 aggregate numbers (estimated minus actual) in the matrix.

Also, executives want to see a black vertical line separating some columns. I did not see any options to do this in PBI to, for example, have one column use a rule to the right of it.

I'm not yet doing analysis of sales over time. I might do it in a month or so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

This video is turning out to be very helpful. It's long but good. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/dax-learn-videos

🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.