Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZKailar
Frequent Visitor

Formulas based on sales perecents

I am working on getting the BI formated so i can connect to a server for data instead of using excel. One of my main formulas is using percentages based on sales per day. I believe i need to make a new column, but i can figure out the formula to do so. Here is an example of the type of data i am looking at:

Date              Product       Product Color      Value of units sold           Percent of day sales 

8/16/2017     Apples         Red                       $50                                         50%

8/16/2017     Apples         Green                   $25                                          25%

8/16/2017     Berries         Black                     $10                                         10%

8/16/2017     Berries         Blue                      $15                                          15%

8/17/2017     Apples         Red                       $40                                          40%

8/17/2017     Apples         Green                   $35                                           35%

8/17/2017     Berries         Black                     $5                                            5%

8/17/2017     Berries         Blue                      $20                                          20%

The last column is what i cannot fiqure out, so any help would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ZKailar

Hi, create a calculated column with:

PercentofDaySales =
DIVIDE (
    Table1[Value of Units Sold],
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table1[Value of Units Sold] ),
        FILTER ( Table1, Table1[Date] = EARLIER ( Table1[Date] ) )
    )
)

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ZKailar

Hi, create a calculated column with:

PercentofDaySales =
DIVIDE (
    Table1[Value of Units Sold],
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table1[Value of Units Sold] ),
        FILTER ( Table1, Table1[Date] = EARLIER ( Table1[Date] ) )
    )
)

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Lima - Peru
mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are Date, Product, Product Color all from the same table?  Is Value of units sold a measure; and what table is it derived from?  Are you looking for a measure for Percent of day Sales?  Without some details on model design it is difficult to provide formula needed.

This may work making assumptions about model normalization:

Percent of day sales =
VAR value_today = [Value of units sold]
VAR all_sales_today =
    CALCULATE (
        [Value of units sold],
        ALL ( Table[Product], Table[Product Color] )
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE ( value_today, all_sales_today )

Sorry about the confustion. Date, product, product color are from the same table. Value of units sold is also on the same table. I dont think a measure would work (i could be wrong), becasue i need the percentages to stay the same regardless of report filters. I think it just needs to be an additional column. Sorry, im still new to this, excel is what i am used to. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.