Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DIFF1
Helper II
Helper II

Formula to sort by accuracy (absolute error)

Hello everyone, 

I need some help.  Any advice will be appreciated, especially if someone can explain. 

I have such a visualization. 

Issue1.jpg

I need to sort by lowest forecast accuracy. By saying this, I need to somehow take the forecast accuracy of 100% as the best one and to rank the ratio of Accuracy considering that items can be over and under forecasted. So 100.20 and 99.80 basically show that there is an error of 0.20% and it should be considered similar level issue. 

Measure of Accuracy is 1-(FCST-ACTUALS)/FCST 

Does someone know how i can sort it taking into consideration this absolute error...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DIFF1 Why not something using absolute value? Like:

Error = ABS([Accuracy] - 1)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DIFF1
Helper II
Helper II

@ebeery you know. It works. Thank you very much!

DIFF1
Helper II
Helper II

@ebeery  Thank you very much for your reply. 

I am not sure but something is totally wrong, it doesn't calculate correctly. That's what I have now. 

Issue1.jpg

Calculation for Accuracy

DIFF1_0-1640054973012.png

And calculation for Error

DIFF1_1-1640055021645.png

@DIFF1 What do you mean by "it doesn't calculate correctly"?  What is the actual result you are expecting?  It seems to me like it is operating as intended - the are sorted by worst to best accuracy.  To see the most accurate values just sort in ascending order.

DIFF1
Helper II
Helper II

@ebeery  Thank you very much. But the first step is how to basically let PowerBI know that 100.01 accuracy and 99.99 accuracy is basically a mistake of 0.01 so that it is treated as the same mistake? That is the biggest issue for me. I don't understand how it can be done.

@DIFF1 Why not something using absolute value? Like:

Error = ABS([Accuracy] - 1)

ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@DIFF1 assuming that you don't want the absolute error to be shown in the visual, the only way I'm aware of with a table/matrix visual is described in the 2nd part of the article below.   Basically involves creating a measure for sorting, adding to the visual, and adjusting the column width such that the column is no longer visible.

https://pbivisuals.com/2021/03/03/power-bi-sorting-data-by-a-column-not-shown-in-visual/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.