Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mikep7521
Helper III
Helper III

Formula is giving wrong answer, why?

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a column formula in Power BI. I'm foused on the three columns on the right and the formula bar which represents the far right column 'MULTIPLE'. As you can see in the formula bar, 'Test Sum of Multiple' divided by 'Total Deal Purchase Amt' which should equal 1.39, 2.11, and 1.89 going from top to bottom in the column. So why am i recieving such different answers than what I should be in the 'MULTIPLE' column?

Capture BPI.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mikep7521,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I would love to if there was a response that was a soltuion for my problem but that wasn;t the case in this forum. Thanks!

Hi @mikep7521,

Can you share the file? You can delete the irrelevant data and mask the sensitive data first.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mikep7521,

It seems the last three are all columns rather than measures. If so, I would suggest you try this formula below as a MEASURE.

multiple =
SUM ( Deals[Test_Sum_of_Multiple__c] )
    / SUM ( Deals[Total_Deal_Purchase_Amt__c] )

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried wrapping the formula in a CALCULATE statement?

MULTIPLE = CALCULATE( DIVIDE( Deals[Test_Sum_of_Multiple__c] , Deals[Total_Deal_Purchase_Amt__c] ) )  

when i try this option I'm not able to reference the necessary coumns. I can only select formulas or measures after the Divide(.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.