Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formula in excel not coming into PowerBI Desktop

Hi.  I am having an issue with my formula not loading into PowerBI.  The formula is in excel and when I go to "Get Data" and select my file and then the table, the table loads but the formula does not.  Usually there is what looks like the autosum symbol by the columns that have a formula but for some reason now there is not.  Does anyone have any advice? It's pretty urgent. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do it in DAX. Much easier and it is similar to Excel. Similar but definitely not the same. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous 

Is the data type numbers?

Besides, as far as I know, the formula itself is never transferred. Only the values. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should it be in number format?  I have never had to change the format type before.  Point is, it's not translating over to PowerBI like it used to.   I did nothing different so I don't understand why it's no longer working.

@DouweMeer wrote:

@Anonymous 

Is the data type numbers?

Besides, as far as I know, the formula itself is never transferred. Only the values. 

@Anonymous 

Are you able to share a print screen so we can see what you see?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried but it didn't work 😞

As long as there is a 'autosum' icon infront of the column, the data type is a number. When you have a formula in Excel, this will not get transferred to Power BI. If you use Power BI as the only output, it might be easier to make your calculations in Power BI. This is also much quicker.

We had an Excel that used to run for 2 weeks straight. I did it in 5 minutes with BI. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I do it in the query?  I've also tried that.  I am very much a beginner at this.

Do it in DAX. Much easier and it is similar to Excel. Similar but definitely not the same. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.