Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slanka
Helper I
Helper I

Formula bar is not visible

Hello All,

I've downloaded a pbi report from power bi online. When i tried to open it up and modify one of the measure, to my surprise, formula bar is not displayed. Not only for the measure, but for everyother thing in the report, formula bar is not visible (Except for Date table, which is a calculated table, formula bar is visible). I've tried in Query Editor and chekced the Formula bar check box, but that didn't helped me. 

Formula Bar.PNG

Appreciate any help on this.

7 REPLIES 7
MadsD
Frequent Visitor

Hi! One of my colleagues has the same problem. Is this a bug?

anna_k_kisiel
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I just had the same issue. I saved the report and reopened it. It helped. But I don't know why it disapeared.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

When you don't have a measure selected, the formula bar does not show up.  Click on Modeling > New Measure and you should see it then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope...

Unfortunately that is not the case here.. even if i click on any measure or column, formula bar is not visible.

Is there any way of hiding the formula bar for end users who downloads the report and opens it in PBI desktop (that's what i did in this case) ?

@slanka , did you come up with a solution on this issue?

The missing formula bar may be associated with the data source. If your report is connected to a Power BI dataset that was not created in your report, the measures will appear as normal in the fields panel, but they can not be modified and the formula bar will not appear when you select one of the measures. You will have to open the report that is the origin of the data set before you will be able to see the formula bar and modify the measures

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.