Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formula Help

So I have a key for every vendor and every vendor may or may not have $ sales for the month. I would like to count how many vendors have $ sales each month, so wherever the column is >0. 

But the Data is in this fashion:

Vendor A $50

Vendor A $25

Vendor A $25

Vendor B $20

Vendor D $10

Vendor D $50

So each vendor can have multiple rows of account sales. How do I count where it's greater than 0, but summarize that by the vendor id? 

I then want to be able to count how many vendors did not have any sales this month. So they will have no rows in this table - since $0. All possible vendor IDs that could have sales are a field, can I then compare them against the vendors that were >0?

What's the best way to solve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
haozhong
Resolver I
Resolver I

You need to have another table with all Vendor IDs.

Then in this table add another columm and put in this DAX formula (something like this)

NumberOfSalesMade = CALCULATE(COUNTA(SalesTable[VendorID]),FILTER(ALL(SalesTable),SalesTable[VendorID]=(VendorIDTable[VendorID])))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
haozhong
Resolver I
Resolver I

You need to have another table with all Vendor IDs.

Then in this table add another columm and put in this DAX formula (something like this)

NumberOfSalesMade = CALCULATE(COUNTA(SalesTable[VendorID]),FILTER(ALL(SalesTable),SalesTable[VendorID]=(VendorIDTable[VendorID])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.