Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roboskoog
Frequent Visitor

Formula Firewall error

I have a query that was working fine.  Now, when I try to refresh it I get the following error:

Formula.Firewall: Query 'Est Review Effort' (step 'Merged Queries1') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.

The step is on a merge and I can read the sql server table I am trying to merge with.  I tried writing a query to pull the data instead of directly accessing the table and get the same error. I tried rebuilding the query starting at this step and it gets the same error.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tristanstcyr
Helper I
Helper I

Can you share your queries with us?

You can get all the queries at once using the Send-A-Frown feature. It will create an email with them in the body. You can copy-paste them as a reply in this forum, or send us the query by email through the Send-A-Frown feature and we diagnose the issue over email.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tristanstcyr
Helper I
Helper I

Can you share your queries with us?

You can get all the queries at once using the Send-A-Frown feature. It will create an email with them in the body. You can copy-paste them as a reply in this forum, or send us the query by email through the Send-A-Frown feature and we diagnose the issue over email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, is there any solution to be provided here?

I dont seem to be able to solve some Formula.Firewall Errors..

Dont able to se why, all of my queries work in one report, but as I copy them to a new report they fail with formula.Firewall Error

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.