cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maysamjahromi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Formula.Firewall Query XXXXX refrences other queries tor steps

Hi there, I am trying to parameterize one of my reports (PowerBI) and the value of the parameter is coming from a query. I right-click on the column that I want to be a parameter and created a new query; I created a parameter that its value refers to the query; When I try to use the parameter in my query, I get the following error: Formula.Firewall: Query 'XXXXXXX' (Step 'Source') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a datasource; please rebuild this data combination. Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Formula.Firewall Query XXXXX refrences other queries tor steps

I found the solution ina article in mssqltips; I was using parameters wrong; PowerBI made life much easier and simpler, I simply filtered the column like excel and used parameters, I was trying to change query myself.
4 REPLIES 4

Frequent Visitor

I found the solution ina article in mssqltips; I was using parameters wrong; PowerBI made life much easier and simpler, I simply filtered the column like excel and used parameters, I was trying to change query myself.
Frequent Visitor

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @maysamjahromi,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved,  you can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from your solution.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.