Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maysamjahromi

Formula.Firewall Query XXXXX refrences other queries tor steps

Hi there, I am trying to parameterize one of my reports (PowerBI) and the value of the parameter is coming from a query. I right-click on the column that I want to be a parameter and created a new query; I created a parameter that its value refers to the query; When I try to use the parameter in my query, I get the following error: Formula.Firewall: Query 'XXXXXXX' (Step 'Source') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a datasource; please rebuild this data combination. Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maysamjahromi

I found the solution ina article in mssqltips; I was using parameters wrong; PowerBI made life much easier and simpler, I simply filtered the column like excel and used parameters, I was trying to change query myself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maysamjahromi

I found the solution ina article in mssqltips; I was using parameters wrong; PowerBI made life much easier and simpler, I simply filtered the column like excel and used parameters, I was trying to change query myself.

Hi @maysamjahromi,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved,  you can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from your solution.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
maysamjahromi

jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage
Anonymous
Not applicable

This got me past the error.  Thanks for posting!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.