Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formattting numbers in Swedish format

I need to format numbers with space as thousand-separator and a comma as decimal-separator. Im very close but cant seem to get it working all the way:

Format( Sum( SalesOrderRow[Sales Amount] ) / SelectedValue( '__ShowThousands'[DivideBy] ), "### ### ##0\,.00" )
(DivideBy is 1 or 1000 depending on user preference).

This gives: 245 342,.32 if the original value is: 245,342.32 when DivideBy i 1 (if Divide by is 1000 then the result shows: 245,.34). The problem is that if i remove the dot in the format string everything gets messed up - and I dont want the dot in the end result obviously.
(I need the rest of the environment in english so I cant change culture - so that's not the solution unfortunately.)
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Power bi desktop uses the number format as your system region and currency symbols settings.
You can refer to amitchandak's links to modify them in your system settings but they will also affect the general numeric values stored in your system.

For format function, it will convert your number to text and display it with the specific format that you defined in the optional parameters.

I'd like to suggest you try to do formatting in your table field properties, it only changes the display value format and not affect the raw record values:

Use custom format strings in Power BI Desktop 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Is this what you want?

Column = FORMAT('Table'[Column1]/1000,"# ### ###.##")

1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.