Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formatting percentages for a new group field

Hi - this should be a very simple task I know, but for whatever reason, I can't complete it in Power BI Desktop.

I have a column of data (whole numbers 1 to 7). I want to create 3 groups - Satisfied (6 & 7), Neutral (3 to 5) and Dissatisfied (1 & 2). I can create the groups as a new field, no problem. However, when I try to create a 100% stacked bar chart and show the value as '% of grand total', I keep getting percentages to 2 decimal places. I would like to convert it to zero decimal places but the Data Type and Format (on the Modelling ribbon) are now both Text. If I try to change either, the visual disappears and needs to be 'fixed'. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue is (is it my settings?) or how to fix it? Simple screen shot below.

Many thanks!Grouping and Percentages.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous i think i know what the issue, you need to decimal places in format pane as shown below.

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can add your own measure to perform the calculation for % instead of using "show value as", with your measure you change the decimal to 0.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @parry2k for your speeddy response. I had actually tried with a measure for each of the 3 groups but encountered the same issue. However, when I changed the visual to  a regular stacked bar chart, I got the percentages to zero dp.

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my tests, the suggestion of parry2k  should be helpful.

Untitled.png

If you have solved your problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario and your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies but I can't change the decimal places as you suggest as it is greyed out. My solution of using the stacked bar chart is working, so it's all good.

@Anonymous i think i know what the issue, you need to decimal places in format pane as shown below.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.