Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIUser007
Frequent Visitor

Formatting option to merge repeated measure values to a single cell

Hi All,

Is there a way to merge the measure values to a single cell in a table/matrix or similar visual?

I was able to merge the category values using a matrix visual as given in image 1 (Used row header properties). Similarly, I have a requirement to merge the "category avg %" as well as shown in image 2. But i was not able to find a way to do this. Can anyone help me here?

PBIUser007_0-1619712200500.png

PBIUser007_2-1619712227012.png

Thanks in Advance,

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBIUser007 , Try like

calculate([delivery %], filter(allselected(Table) , table[category] =max(Table[Category])))

or

calculate(AverageX(values(Table[product]),[delivery %]), filter(allselected(Table) , table[category] =max(Table[Category])))

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm looking for a formatting option to merge/group the measure cells. For example i want to show 97% only 1 time for category 1 as shown in image2 instead of repeating the value 3 times as in image1. Do you think this is achivable in any table or similar visual in power BI?

Thanks in Advance,

Hi, @PBIUser007 

As far as I’m concerned, Matrix in Power BI can not achieve the function to display the merged cells.

Here’s a case that deals with the status that you have to drill through in the matrix:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Merge-cells-in-tabular-visualization/m-p/737221

If you still have a problem, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

v-robertq-msft_0-1620117419853.png

Or you can just vote for this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=b03e39a3-78e8-48c7-b2fa-70c5e0ea6ff3

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I was able to merge the dimension columns in the row section using a matrix visual.

I was looking for an option to merge the repeating measure values (placed in value section). It looks like it's not possible in power BI.

PBIUser007_0-1620122874064.png

Thanks in Advance,

Hi, @PBIUser007 

Yes, but I think it is a pretty good idea to improve the Power BI. So I suggest you to go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you as mentioned above. I will also vote for you.😁

v-robertq-msft_0-1620177743116.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've voted for this idea.😁

v-robertq-msft_1-1620265684406.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.