Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIUser007
Frequent Visitor

Formatting option to merge repeated measure values to a single cell

Hi All,

Is there a way to merge the measure values to a single cell in a table/matrix or similar visual?

I was able to merge the category values using a matrix visual as given in image 1 (Used row header properties). Similarly, I have a requirement to merge the "category avg %" as well as shown in image 2. But i was not able to find a way to do this. Can anyone help me here?

PBIUser007_0-1619712200500.png

PBIUser007_2-1619712227012.png

Thanks in Advance,

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBIUser007 , Try like

calculate([delivery %], filter(allselected(Table) , table[category] =max(Table[Category])))

or

calculate(AverageX(values(Table[product]),[delivery %]), filter(allselected(Table) , table[category] =max(Table[Category])))

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm looking for a formatting option to merge/group the measure cells. For example i want to show 97% only 1 time for category 1 as shown in image2 instead of repeating the value 3 times as in image1. Do you think this is achivable in any table or similar visual in power BI?

Thanks in Advance,

Hi, @PBIUser007 

As far as I’m concerned, Matrix in Power BI can not achieve the function to display the merged cells.

Here’s a case that deals with the status that you have to drill through in the matrix:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Merge-cells-in-tabular-visualization/m-p/737221

If you still have a problem, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

v-robertq-msft_0-1620117419853.png

Or you can just vote for this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=b03e39a3-78e8-48c7-b2fa-70c5e0ea6ff3

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I was able to merge the dimension columns in the row section using a matrix visual.

I was looking for an option to merge the repeating measure values (placed in value section). It looks like it's not possible in power BI.

PBIUser007_0-1620122874064.png

Thanks in Advance,

Hi, @PBIUser007 

Yes, but I think it is a pretty good idea to improve the Power BI. So I suggest you to go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you as mentioned above. I will also vote for you.😁

v-robertq-msft_0-1620177743116.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've voted for this idea.😁

v-robertq-msft_1-1620265684406.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.