Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pavel

Formatting measure values as currency

Hi,

I have a column in my dataset which is formatted as currency, and contains sales values. I also have a measure which calculates a running total for a given period using a dax function:

RunningNettoWeek = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[NETTOPREMIE]);FILTER(ALL(Sales[Week]);Sales[Week] <= MAX(Sales[Week])))

The problem is that the values lose their formatting when processed through a measure. Is there any way for me to get that formatting back? I've tried wrapping my CALCULATE() function in FORMAT(), but that resulted in values not showing at all in my charts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In the data Modeling area, click on your measure and then click on the $ icon to format the measure as currency.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gamos
Frequent Visitor

Select the Model tab in your Power BI project.
Choose the measure/field in your data source. Expand the Properties box if hidden.
Scroll down to Formatting in the Properties box. Here you can change the Data Type and Format. (If trying to make a number display as Currency, change format from General to Currency.)

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In the data Modeling area, click on your measure and then click on the $ icon to format the measure as currency.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Click on the the measure name in the FIELDS pane and then select the Modeling Tab. In the Formatting area click the drop down next to the $ and choose your selected currency. 

Smiley Happy

Hope this is of help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.