Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formatting issues with tiles or report pages with black or grey backgrounds

In the process of reformatting some older reports to have black backgrounds as seen below, I began exploring the reports and found formating issues in tiles, see record tables, and published dashboards. See my examples below and questions for each issue. Please let me know if solutions exist or if the features are in develpment/ idea queue.

Thanks

Slide1.PNGSlide2.PNGSlide3.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I can reproduce these issues you have mentioned.
1.png2.PNG

Firstly, control buttons inherit the background color of report page, it makes us difficult to view unless we highlight the header. An idea about this issue has been submitted in this link, please vote it up.

Secondly, regarding to the feature that customize text color in “see records” table, please vote this idea.

Thirdly, regarding to the issue that background of the visual will be removed after pinning to dashboard, please vote the following ideas.

Change background color on dashboard
No option to change the text color in Attribute slicer : Font color is automatically changing to white color after pinning to web dashboard
Custom pin tiles should display the custom background and font changes as well

And in your scenario, one you change color of Legend and Detail labels to other colors such as Red, you will be able to see them after you pin the visual to dashboard. There is an example for your reference.
3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Have upvoted the idea.

I think its *really* poor that this isn't already implemented - or it's a bug. We have power BI reports with dark backgrounds to avoid eye fatigue, so the See Data and See Records functionality is effectively useless as you can't see the grey font color against the dark background.

This forces all Power BI devs to use white backgrounds ordinarily resulting in very samey looking reports.

More issues I have found with black/dark background:

- when working on the phone layout in PBI Desktop, the background is back to the original white with grey grid, making it impossible to place and see tiles which have mostly white text/numbers! (fortunately, the background color is properly displayed on the iphone app)

- when on the phone or on the web, in focus mode, all the elements are back to a white background, again making it impossible to read anything that has white text / numbers

- the ellipsis / focus mode button are impossible to see with a dark background

For me these are bugs which should be hopefully corrected soon.

I have found you can fix it on the phone by using a dark background colour, I had this problem with report that had a dark background graphic so nothing was visible in phone view. I'm really annoyed about the focus view though - has anyone found an answer for this yet?

I have found you can fix it on the phone by using a dark background colour, I had this problem with report that had a dark background graphic so nothing was visible in phone view. I'm really annoyed about the focus view though - has anyone found an answer for this yet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.