Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astanfo
Helper II
Helper II

Formatting for Simple Waterfall

I am using the Simple Waterfall visual that I downloaded from the AppSource. I am showing an example of what I am looking at below. This looks good, however I want to show these numbers with a $ sign and a ( ) instead of a negative sign.Power BI Waterfall.jpg

Power BI Waterfall Auto.jpg

The problem is that my measures do this when I put the format for both measures in $ Currency General, set the decimal places to Auto, and switch the value format to None for the visual... How do I fix this?

Power BI Waterfall $ Format.jpg

Power BI Curreny General Format.jpg

Power BI Waterfall None Value Format.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
astanfo
Helper II
Helper II

I want to have "Auto" for decimal places, because the value can flucutate from thousands to millions.

@astanfo 

Can you post a sample data or pbix so I can test. I am think you might need to use format() to change the format of the data. 

Regards
Paul.

@V-pazhen-msft Here you go. See page 2 within .pbix file for the visual. The folder with the .pbix is below. Format() does not work for the waterfall, since the waterfall does not support text. Since Format() creates a text, it also does not filter out categories that do not have values and are blank.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EsaTokNbc_l5b1nhIp2xb7zfIESiLq_Z?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors