cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexdurok Helper I
Helper I

Re: Formatting SSAS values with a Live connection - (WAS working until November 2016)

Hello @v-shex-msft, would you be able to follow-up on this topic?

I opened a MS ticket and the PBI team said they're aware of the issue. So far we have no ETA and most of all, no workaround.

I would have understood if that functionnality had never worked, but here you can't just simply remove a functionnality by mistake and do nothing about it or offer no workaround. Several users have been formatting fields for over a year now!

Displaying 3.00 instead of 300% is really confusing for the end-user. This is a fundamental piece for the user adoption of your self service BI.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Formatting SSAS values with a Live connection - (WAS working until November 2016)

Hi @alexdurok,

As far as I know, this feature is by design and I haven't heard the clear release date from power bi team.

Perhaps you can vote the idea to improve the priority of release features:

Better support for SSAS MD formatting

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly
Learning resources: Power BI
alexdurok Helper I
Helper I

Hello @v-shex-msft,

I don't understand, what do you mean "by design"? Do you mean formatting is not supposed to work or it is supposed to work?

Just to be clear: it was working (at least some limited formating options such as Percent or "+#,##0.00%;-#,##0.00%"). I did not change anything (same calculations, same formatting, same cube, same everything). And suddendly I lost the formatting.

I'm not asking for a better support for SSAS MD formatting (altough I think it's a great idea and a mandatory feature).

I'm just asking the engineers to look at this feature that has been removed. I went over the issue with a Power BI engineer and he clearly noticed that the exact same measure was showing up correctly formatted before in Power BI Desktop + Power BI Online.

v-joto

^Bump ... Any resolution to this? 

luitwit

Any news on this? I still encounter this issue on a On Premises Power BI Report Server: percentage-formatting in tables is correct, percentage-formatting is other visuals is incorrect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors