I have a measure...call it Current Year Actuals that I need formatted "$#,##0;($#,##0)" and a Budget measure formatted the same way. I have accomplished this and it appears perfectly on the report. However, I need to use these measures in another measure "(Current Year - Budget) / Budget" within a calculation. I receive an error saying it cannot convert the value of type text to type number. I could create the new measure by repeating the same calculations as I did in each base measure but that seems so redundant. Is there not any way to use the base measures and still have them formatted the way I want? Thanks in advance.
1. Create a table named DM_INDICADOR, in this table it will record the measurements that you want to use in your panels, it must have 2 fields: DM_INDICADOR [ID_INDICADOR], DM_INDICADOR [NAME_INDICADOR]. You can use Excel to mount the table.
2. Record the measurements you will use, such as 1; SLI_VOLUME; 2; SLI_GROSSSALES; 3; SLI_NETSALES; 4; SLI_GROSSPRICE etc.
3. Import this table and create a filter;
4. For each registered measure you must create the respective measure / calculation with the same name of course.
5. Create a measure to identify which measure you are going to consult.