cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Formatting Column headers in matrix

Hi All,

is there any chance to change some column headers background?? I need to separate half of the columns and that would be the greatest solution to change their backgruond! I know that I can't do this in the Format tab of the Matrxi visual, so somebady has any idea please help!

Thank you in advance!
Máté Kiss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Formatting Column headers in matrix

Hello,

I've solved the problem and it's possbile Smiley Happy))

In the Column Format tab, where you can set background or front color for one chose column, there you can set up that the format you want only apply for headers, and does not apply for values and totals maybe! This way I can chenge some specified column headers into another back color!!

Cheers,

Mate

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

You can change the background of the column headers in the format pane. However, you cannot change only half of the column headers, is that what you are thinking?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply! I know that I can change all of them, but I have to only a half.. That's why I asked is there any chance or solution or code or something to do that..

Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kissmate,

Power BI doesn't support to format some specific column headers rather than all column headers right now. For this idea, you could add your comments at this page.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I understand thank you for your reply!!
Than could you offer me something how can I separate the column headers in a tbale or matrix visual? 

Thank you in advance!

Mate Kiss

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kissmate,

Could you please show us an example to illustrate the descired output about "separate the column headers in a tbale or matrix visual"?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

I wanted to make something like this:

Képkivágás.PNG

To make difference between the column headers (like colours)

I know its impossible, so is there any other chance to make difference?

Thank you in advance!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kissmate,

Unfortunately, it's not possible by now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

kissmate Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I've solved the problem and it's possbile Smiley Happy))

In the Column Format tab, where you can set background or front color for one chose column, there you can set up that the format you want only apply for headers, and does not apply for values and totals maybe! This way I can chenge some specified column headers into another back color!!

Cheers,

Mate

tbobolz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Would you please explain this solution better for me? I really need this separation in my Matrix too; however, I can not follow your instructions.

Do you mean in the matrix individual values drop down? I do not see a "Column Format Tab".  The Format (paint roller) formats the entire matrix.

Thanks for your help.

Terry