Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format values in Table

Hi,

I used the <table> under visualizations to get a summary result.

I am wondering if there is a way to format the values of count, total and percentage? 

i.e. format count and total w/ a thousands separator, making 5189 = 5,189 and display percentage up to 1 decimal place.

They are not created measures; therefore, I am not able to apply the formats.

Thank you in advance for the support!

table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Anonymous

To make the Percentage values to 1 decimal, Select the column that you are using to display in the table. Go to modelling pane on top and in formatting increase the decimal to 1 instead of auto.

a1.PNG

For other issue I did not get what you are trying exactly. Do you want the TOTAL  displayed at the end of table to be separated accordingly  or each value in column Count or Total to be separated accordingly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TimO1

The solution does not work for me. I clicked on the field in the table, went to modeling and select the "," and the count does not format with a "," in the field or the total row. That is 5189 should be 5,189 and it is not. What else do I need to do?

I clicked on the field in the table, went to modeling and select the "," and the count does not format with a "," in the field or the total row. That is 5189 should be 5,189 and it is not.

However when I went to Visualizations > Format and went to the Field formatting and selected the field from the drop down I changed Value decimal places to 0 the comma appears in the format.

Field formatting.JPG

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried the solution provided by @pxg08680 above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Anonymous

To make the Percentage values to 1 decimal, Select the column that you are using to display in the table. Go to modelling pane on top and in formatting increase the decimal to 1 instead of auto.

a1.PNG

For other issue I did not get what you are trying exactly. Do you want the TOTAL  displayed at the end of table to be separated accordingly  or each value in column Count or Total to be separated accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.