Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

harvis
Frequent Visitor

Format on measure lost when connected to SSAS Tabular model

Steps:

1. In Power BI Desktop (PBD) connect to a SSAS Tabular model (running on SQL Server 2012 SP1) using live connection

2. In this model we have a measure that is formatted as percentage, this is working in Excel

3. In PBD this measure is showing as decimalnumber, so I tried this DAX formula:

Measure % = FORMAT('Fact CUBE'[Mesaure];"Percent")

4. When using Table visual in PDB this works:

2017-09-27 15_19_09-AiB Service og Support - Power BI Desktop.png

5. Then i try displaying this in Line Chart visual and no values i showing, I have tried doing all kinds of formatting but the value won't show.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harvis,

Based on my test, if the format of a measure in SSAS Tabular model is properly set with SSDT like below, the format will remain when connected with Power BI Desktop(Live). 

23333.PNG

In addition, make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)). Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harvis,

Based on my test, if the format of a measure in SSAS Tabular model is properly set with SSDT like below, the format will remain when connected with Power BI Desktop(Live). 

23333.PNG

In addition, make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)). Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.