Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CarlsBerg999
Helper V
Helper V

Format numbers

Hi,

Is there a way to format numbers with DAX? I've been trying to find a way to present 3 111 000,00€ But what i get is 3.100.100,00€. I can't change the localization of my PowerBI Desktop and i can't find this formatting in the Currency -settings of a measure. 

Any ideas? The goal is to have a space as the thousand separator and comma as a decimal point. E.g: 3 111 000,00 €

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can define your own format in Data view.  The details are here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-format-strings 

It might be something like this

# ### ###.##

The decimal placeholder is defined using .   but the actual character comes from regional settings on the pc / regional settings in the report

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CarlsBerg999,

Did HotChilli 's suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or accept his suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If these also don't help, please share more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You can define your own format in Data view.  The details are here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-format-strings 

It might be something like this

# ### ###.##

The decimal placeholder is defined using .   but the actual character comes from regional settings on the pc / regional settings in the report

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.