Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format number in matrix without changing data model

Hi!

I have a matrix showing the average revenue per category. The revenue in my data model is formatted without any decimals. Still, in my matrix I get 2 decimals on my average.

How do I format this number in my matrix without changing my data model (cause that is not helping).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

I have a matrix showing the average revenue per category. The revenue in my data model is formatted without any decimals. Still, in my matrix I get 2 decimals on my average.

How do I format this number in my matrix without changing my data model (cause that is not helping).

Thanks!

@Anonymous

You can try to format the measure by changing decimal places

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PedroPK

I found where to change it:

PedroPK_2-1677613605382.png

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!

Thanks!

@Anonymous

You can try to format the measure by changing decimal places

Capture.PNG

I have this Same problem and the Format I am trying to change is NOT a measure, but the Summation Value of an actual Field [Value] from my query table. Despite the fact that the Field is defined as a whole number, the Value Summation in the MAtrix displays it as a a two digit Decimal Number.  The paint brush formatting tab allows you to change the font, font size, color, etc. of the the Value Parameter in the Matrix, but does not list number format as an editable parameter.  How can I edit the Sumation Value number format without the complication of defining a new measure, creating a new query, etc?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot format any numbers. And in the data model is it already without decimals.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im encountering the same issue. However, it seems when i duplicate the table or create a new table, and click on any area of the screen my formating appears!

Still in need of a proper solution

I had the same issue. You just need to select the data field in the Fields menu area (if this is a measure you will see the formula displayed too at the top) and this will unlock the format menu

Click on the paint brush under visualizations, select data label, display units, change to None and 0 Decimal places.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.