Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Javerbuch

Format each Column Series of a Matrix

I have a matrix visual that plots the count by 4 different column series like shown below:

__|____1___|___2____|____3___|___4___|

A |     23   |    23     |     43    |    23   |

B |     23   |    23     |     43    |    23   |

C |     23   |    23     |     43    |    23   |

Is there a way to format the matrix so that ALL of column 1 is ALWAYS highlighted in green, column 2 in yellow, and column 3 and 4 in red. The coloring would never change!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Javerbuch,

For your scenario, why not pivot your column Age Bucket (4 Options)? If you pivot the column that should be easier to set the background of the value like I have mentioned for the first reply.

If you want to pivot  the column, you could click Column1 and select Pivot column with value likw below in Query Editor. Then you could create the martrix and set the value background as I first reply.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Javerbuch,

By my test, you could use the feature Field formatting under format pane like below.

Untitled.png

You could select the Field and set the background color.

Hope this can help you! More details you could refer to the attachment.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft

Thank you for the response. It is my fault that I did not say this before, but there is a column series that buckets out each amount. So unlike in your example where there are 4 different columns, I want to be able to format it based on the value in the column series. Is it possible to do it that way, or is my only option to create a "summarization" table that lists the values in seperate columns? I can not seem to post a photo so I will try and show you below what my visualization pane looks like.

Rows

Names

Columns

Age Bucket (4 Options)

Values

Quantity

Dollar Value

What I am aiming for is the first age bucket being green, the second being yellow, and the others being red.

Hi @Javerbuch,

For your scenario, why not pivot your column Age Bucket (4 Options)? If you pivot the column that should be easier to set the background of the value like I have mentioned for the first reply.

If you want to pivot  the column, you could click Column1 and select Pivot column with value likw below in Query Editor. Then you could create the martrix and set the value background as I first reply.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.