Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format date filter in new filter pane

I love the new filter pane, but can't seem to get a date filter to show a calendar instead of a calendar or slider, so there's no way to pick a date range without selecting individual days, which isn't a viable option. Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous 

Your sentence " a calendar instead of a calendar" does not make sense to me. Can you please elaborate?

I can see a calendar in the new filter pane.

2019-09-18 09_57_23-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Cheers!
A

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous 

Your sentence " a calendar instead of a calendar" does not make sense to me. Can you please elaborate?

I can see a calendar in the new filter pane.

2019-09-18 09_57_23-papercut - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Cheers!
A

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Actually, that didn't solve my issue. I went back to the original date column, figured I can deal with formatting later, I just want to get the filter working. But when I added it, it still shows up as a list, and I can't get a calendar to appear. Any idea why?

date filter.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  I see my problem now. First, I mis-stated my issue, I meant to say it shows as a list instead of a calendar. The reason is that I was formatting the date in a European style as 08.01.2019 and PBI thouht it's a text column, so it didn't give me a calendar. I just need to figure out how to have the date display in that format without losing the date date type and I'm sure I'll be fine.

thanks!

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.