Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format changes when refreshing in service

Need help, this is really weird:

I have some measures like this, formatted as Currency (123 €):

DesktopDesktop

When the pbix is published to the service, it looks ok:

RefrshingRefrshingService before refreshing (OK)Service before refreshing (OK)

But when it finish the refresh it looks all f***ed up:

Refreshing doneRefreshing doneService after refreshing (NOT OK)Service after refreshing (NOT OK)

It looks like a locale problem (dots, commas...) It is strange because it only happens to that tab (the other is fine). This happened after I played with the QA visual in the desktop in this tab and tried this option:

Desktop2.png

Anyone got any clue about what is happening?

I´ve tried deleting the model and re-publishing but happens the same. Locale and culture is set as always, es-ES (I´ve checked this with Tabular Editor). Again, it worked fine until yesterday I played with the QA visual.

Locale1Locale1Locale2Locale2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was caused by a column without type in power query. I got the tip from the comment in this article: https://www.biinsight.com/resolving-format-cells-change-after-refreshing-data-sources-in-power-query... 

Long story short, never forget to type every column returned by a query:

#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step", "COLUMN", each if ..., type number)

Best regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem should be caused by different regions. You try to unify the language of Desktop and Service.

Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI 

For Desktop, maybe you can do like this:

c2.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I´ve changed that option but it does not work.

Besides, I´ve always had the desktop language in English. And every report I have works fine, even the one with the problem, It´s only in that one tab where I played with the QA visual language. And more important, it only happens after a refresh.

I´m lost here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was caused by a column without type in power query. I got the tip from the comment in this article: https://www.biinsight.com/resolving-format-cells-change-after-refreshing-data-sources-in-power-query... 

Long story short, never forget to type every column returned by a query:

#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step", "COLUMN", each if ..., type number)

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.