Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format changes when refreshing in service

Need help, this is really weird:

I have some measures like this, formatted as Currency (123 €):

DesktopDesktop

When the pbix is published to the service, it looks ok:

RefrshingRefrshingService before refreshing (OK)Service before refreshing (OK)

But when it finish the refresh it looks all f***ed up:

Refreshing doneRefreshing doneService after refreshing (NOT OK)Service after refreshing (NOT OK)

It looks like a locale problem (dots, commas...) It is strange because it only happens to that tab (the other is fine). This happened after I played with the QA visual in the desktop in this tab and tried this option:

Desktop2.png

Anyone got any clue about what is happening?

I´ve tried deleting the model and re-publishing but happens the same. Locale and culture is set as always, es-ES (I´ve checked this with Tabular Editor). Again, it worked fine until yesterday I played with the QA visual.

Locale1Locale1Locale2Locale2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was caused by a column without type in power query. I got the tip from the comment in this article: https://www.biinsight.com/resolving-format-cells-change-after-refreshing-data-sources-in-power-query... 

Long story short, never forget to type every column returned by a query:

#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step", "COLUMN", each if ..., type number)

Best regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem should be caused by different regions. You try to unify the language of Desktop and Service.

Supported languages and countries/regions for Power BI 

For Desktop, maybe you can do like this:

c2.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I´ve changed that option but it does not work.

Besides, I´ve always had the desktop language in English. And every report I have works fine, even the one with the problem, It´s only in that one tab where I played with the QA visual language. And more important, it only happens after a refresh.

I´m lost here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was caused by a column without type in power query. I got the tip from the comment in this article: https://www.biinsight.com/resolving-format-cells-change-after-refreshing-data-sources-in-power-query... 

Long story short, never forget to type every column returned by a query:

#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Previous Step", "COLUMN", each if ..., type number)

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.