cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisG2407 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Format Function - Decimal (Dot or Comma)

Hi Everyone,

Im having issues using the Format Function. The left columm is a regular setup using the options from powerbi, right column is me trying to use the format function but no matter what i do it gives me "." instead of "," . All my settings are in english (USA)

Sin título.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Format Function - Decimal (Dot or Comma)

hi, @LuisG2407

I have tested by your formula, but not reproduce the issue.

This is your formula

Your = SWITCH(TRUE(),[Selected Currency]="USD",FORMAT([Turnover]/VALUES(Table2[Currency Rate]),"$0,00"),[Turnover])

and You could try this format

MY = SWITCH(TRUE(),[Selected Currency]="USD",FORMAT([Turnover]/VALUES(Table2[Currency Rate]),"$#,##0.00"),[Turnover])

4.JPG

If not your case, please share your sample pbix file, just need a little sample data.Do mask sensitive data before uploading

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LuisG2407 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Lin,

thanks for taking the time to help me,  i run your formula and the error persist. This are my settings, maybe the OS config is the one giving the trouble?Sin título.jpgpbi config.jpgconfig.jpg

how can i send you the sample?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI, @LuisG2407

please update the latest version power bi desktop ( 2.65.5313.841 ) then try it again.

You may also try to change region setting as these similar posts:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Thousand-Separator-and-Decimal-Separator/td-p/194928

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/change-format-by-using-dot-instead-of-comma/td-p/372348

If not your case, please upload sample pbix file to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.