Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIGuy1
Frequent Visitor

Form report in Power BI layout , Label / Field placement only

I have a table visual. I want to create a detail view of the row clicked in table visual. My 2nd visual should be accept the employee id from table visual row click and should display simple details of the employee. I want to simply place some field labels/values on plain page. like

Employee id : 123

Employee Name : ABC

Employee Address : 112121 121212 1212122 1212121

121212112  1221121212122112

How can i achieve such  a simple layout. I thought i can use Text box but it does not seem doable? I was able to use a long text box but it started giving scroll bar and refinement of the box was time consuming. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PowerBIGuy1,

I have a table visual. I want to create a detail view of the row clicked in table visual. My 2nd visual should be accept the employee id from table visual row click and should display simple details of the employee.

Currently, we cannot do a row selection/click on Table visual to filter other visuals on a report page. You can vote the idea here to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.Smiley Happy

Regards

I voted for it now. However it will be great if MS can release it this year. We really need this basic feature. I can not accept any reply above as solution so I will leave it as open thread.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerBIGuy1  Don't hold your breath!

Look at the Ideas forum and you'll see the backlog (pushing 2 years in some cases) of basic functionality not implemented yet!

Then look at the number of new features in the latest February Release

Seriously??? Smiley Sad

Matrix Collapse/Expand Buttons Idea (which I posted Aug 6, 2015) - Under Review ???

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9207006-matrix-collapse-expand-bu...

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Did you try the multi card visual for your secondary visual?  And load it up with the measures.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.