Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lucverg
Regular Visitor

Forecasting function not available in Analystics tool

Good afternoon,

The forecasting function does not appear in the report below. I read all the post related to that issue but it did not help my case.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @lucverg,

Nope, dax not support forecasting, maybe you can try to r visual with forecasting pack.

Dynamic Forecasting With Power BI And R

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucverg,

Can you please share some sample data for test.

AFAIK, current forecasting feature only works on numeric and date type axis with regular records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I attached 3 screen shots to illustrate the data set used. The X - axis are dates type and the Y axis are calculate measures (Qty) and are integer type.

X- Axis - DateX- Axis - DateY axis - Qty (calculated measure)Y axis - Qty (calculated measure)GraphicGraphic

HI @lucverg,

It seems like your records are irregular so forecast feature not activated on your side.

7.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

I created a calendar table that I linked with the "requested receipt" dates in order to smothen the intervals. But it stil does not work. I guess that I have to generate the forecast myself using DAX formulas? 

HI @lucverg,

Nope, dax not support forecasting, maybe you can try to r visual with forecasting pack.

Dynamic Forecasting With Power BI And R

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks for your help. 

ChrisMendoza
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@lucverg,

I recall that when I had the same issue it was due to not using the dCalendar[Dates] in the x-axis. Somewhere (an article I found) there is a statement saying you need a continguous date range. Try using that instead of using what looks like your transactional dates.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for the tip I will check and let u know if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.